[Xquartz-dev] 2.3.x crashes: SwitchCoreKeyboard and NewCurrentScreen

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Wed Aug 20 09:39:21 PDT 2008

I've uploaded an X11 build that includes some debugging information
for the 2 reported crashes with 2.3.x (SwitchCoreKeyboard and
NewCurrentScreen).

If you are hitting either of these crashes, I urge you to install
2.3.1_rc1 and then replace /A/U/X11.app/Contents/MacOS/X11 with this:

http://static.macosforge.org/xquartz/downloads/testing/SwitchCoreKeyboard-NewCurrentScreen/X11

It does not fix the problem, but it will spit out useful debugging
information to the system log before it crashes.  If you are able to
trigger either of these bugs, please download this build and report
the messages sent to the system log when you crash.

Thanks,
Jeremy