[Xquartz-dev] 2.3.2_rc2

Brian Bender zt4q4o402 at sneakemail.com
Mon Dec 1 07:39:12 PST 2008

Hi Jeremy,

The menubar-inaccessable thing (
http://xquartz.macosforge.org/trac/ticket/191 ) is functional enough
for me now, I can click on the menubar and get to it. But just in case
you're going for "perfect", if I have an X11 window with focus behind
the menubar, if I move the cursor up to the menubar it disappears
until I actually click. Then it shows up and the menu item under it
has been selected. Most of the time.

I can tell when it's going to work and when it's not. If I switch from
another app to X11, my pointer changes to the X11 pointer, and will
disappear behind the menubar. Once I click on the menubar, the pointer
changes to the OS X pointer, and will stay visible above the menubar
(it can still interact with the X11 window in this state, though). If
I switch away to a different app and back to X11, the cursor reverts
to the first case -- an X11 pointer that will disappear. In all cases,
though, I am able to _click_ on the menubar. So it's functional (good
enough for me), just not quite perfect (maybe not good enough for you
<g>).

I got the same results with the 2.3.2_rc2 package, and with the
updated quartz-wm-20081128.1 over top of it.

Thanks,

 - Brian

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 2:35 AM, Jeremy Huddleston
jeremyhu-at-apple.com |Xquartz-dev/personal|