[Xquartz-dev] quartz-wm zoom button

Viv Kendon V.Kendon at leeds.ac.uk
Thu Dec 4 14:29:01 PST 2008

On Thu, 4 Dec 2008, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:

> On Dec 4, 2008, at 08:28, Viv Kendon wrote:
>
>> I've just installed it [quartz-wm-20081203], and the maximise button does
<snip>
>> I did just notice there is a slightly odd effect if I try to move a window
>> to the very top of the secondary monitor (which is to the right of the
<snip>
> Yeah, I think I fixed that just now.  It's an artifact of the 3 different
> coordinate system's we're jumping between (NS* has an inverted Y compared to
> X11) and the ownership rule for region boundaries in computer graphics.
> Boring details aside, I think this should fix that particular problem:
>
> http://people.freedesktop.org/~jeremyhu/quartz-wm-20081204.bz2

Cool!  I'll try it tomorrow when I'm back in front of the
machine with two monitors...

>> BTW, when I downloaded rc2, I noticed there is Xquartz-1.4.2-apple26.bz2 in
>> the available files.  Are we supposed to be playing with this?  The one I
>> have installed from rc2 says it is xorg-server 1.4.2-apple25.  I did try
>> installing the -apple26 one, but it does very strange things with window
>> placement, so I rapidly uninstalled it.
>
> Really?  How so?  There's actually not much difference between the two
> versions.  Just;

Well, windows opened behind rather than on top, two at once
jumped sideways by half their width to the left partly off
screen, focus got stuck on the wrong windows (the one behind
rather than the one the mouse was actually over...)  This
was all before I dropped in quartz-wm-20081203 though.
I'll give it another go tomorrow on the same machine, with
quartz-wm-20081204 in place as well.  It could just have
been an instance of "the first relaunch of X11 after an
upgrade has a strop that isn't reproducible", that several
others have also reported experiencing.

> 6 days	XQuartz: Added option to enable/disable test extensions	Jeremy
> Huddleston	4	-3/+17
> 6 days	XQuartz: Avoid some warning messages being spewed to system.log by
> AppKit	Jeremy Huddleston	1	-1/+3
> 6 days	XQuarz: Setup our PATH and PWD earlier, so our initial client
> benefits from i...	Jeremy Huddleston	3	-16/+29
> 8 days	XQuartz: Fix dead-acute on Greek keyboards	Jeremy Huddleston
> 1	-1/+2
> 8 days	XQuartz: Fix Czech keyboard dead-acute

Agreed, that list sounds completely harmless compared to
what I saw.

-- Viv