[Xquartz-dev] quartz-wm zoom button

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Thu Dec 4 11:56:17 PST 2008

On Dec 4, 2008, at 08:28, Viv Kendon wrote:

> I've just installed it [quartz-wm-20081203], and the maximise button
> does more or less sensible things from my point of view, it
> maximises to fill the monitor that contains the top left corner of
> the window (I should mention I don't use really use these buttons at
> all, because I almost never want my windows maximised.  What I do
> want is to maximise them vertically without changing the width, and
> I have fvwm programmed to do that with its equivalent buttons.  But
> that's waiting for when full screen gets a bit more work on it...)
>
> I did just notice there is a slightly odd effect if I try to move a
> window to the very top of the secondary monitor (which is to the
> right of the primary in my case, and exactly the same height).  If I
> move the mouse to the very top, the window gets dropped a menu bar
> width below the top. But if I'm careful not to get the mouse right
> at the top, I can correctly position a window right at the top.  If
> the window is partly on both monitors (so part of it is going behind
> the menu bar), the jumping down happens when the window reaches the
> very top, regardless of whether the mouse is at the top or not.  Not
> a show stopper, but something to fix when you are next wandering
> around that bit of the code.

Yeah, I think I fixed that just now.  It's an artifact of the 3
different coordinate system's we're jumping between (NS* has an
inverted Y compared to X11) and the ownership rule for region
boundaries in computer graphics.  Boring details aside, I think this
should fix that particular problem:

http://people.freedesktop.org/~jeremyhu/quartz-wm-20081204.bz2

> BTW, when I downloaded rc2, I noticed there is Xquartz-1.4.2-
> apple26.bz2 in the available files.  Are we supposed to be playing
> with this?  The one I have installed from rc2 says it is xorg-server
> 1.4.2-apple25.  I did try installing the -apple26 one, but it does
> very strange things with window placement, so I rapidly uninstalled
> it.

Really?  How so?  There's actually not much difference between the two
versions.  Just;

6 days	XQuartz: Added option to enable/disable test extensions	Jeremy
Huddleston	4	-3/+17
6 days	XQuartz: Avoid some warning messages being spewed to system.log
by AppKit	Jeremy Huddleston	1	-1/+3
6 days	XQuarz: Setup our PATH and PWD earlier, so our initial client
benefits from i...	Jeremy Huddleston	3	-16/+29
8 days	XQuartz: Fix dead-acute on Greek keyboards	Jeremy Huddleston
1	-1/+2
8 days	XQuartz: Fix Czech keyboard dead-acute