[Xquartz-dev] X11 2.3.1 on Leopard upgraded from Tiger

Glenn Eychaner geychaner at mac.com
Fri Dec 5 07:16:34 PST 2008

We're having a bunch of problems with the X11 2.3.1 package.

1) In the Customize Applications panel, the "Command" and "Name"
titles are reversed.
2) Frequently, the Applications menu stops being able to launch Xterms.
3) We're getting occasional freezes of the whole X11 system.

I have attached a system.log output from one of the machines that's
having the most severe problems.  I can only hope that stepping back
to 2.3.0 works, and that I don't have to rebuild a whole bunch of
machines.  But somehow I doubt it today.

In particular, we see a lot of this when trying to launch terminals:
Dec  5 11:52:42 ObsMac2 login[39217]: USER_PROCESS: 39217 tty??
Dec  5 11:52:42 ObsMac2 login[39217]: DEAD_PROCESS: 39217 tty??

-G.
--
Glenn Eychaner (geychaner at lco.cl)
Telescope Systems Programmer, Las Campanas Observatory