[Xquartz-dev] X11 2.3.1 on Leopard

Glenn Eychaner geychaner at mac.com
Sun Dec 7 09:16:12 PST 2008

> On Dec 6, 2008, at 07:44, Glenn Eychaner wrote:
>> I am SURE it is version 2.3.1 of X11; I downloaded it and installed
>> it myself (twice!), and checked the version several times.  The
>> error occurs on several different machines.  I  will check 2.3.2
>> next opportunity.
>
> Well the crash reports you sent me were for 2.2.1.

You're right, they do seem to claim to be for 2.2.1.  Odd.

> What does X11->About X11 say?

Xquartz 2.3.1, X server 1.4.2apple17

> What is output when you run this command at the command line:
>
> /usr/X11/bin/X -version

X.org 7.3
X server 1.4.2apple17
Build 20080905

I also checked the process list, and made sure that the process
command lines looked right (and that they weren't running an old opy
that had accidentally gotten stashed somewhere on the machine).

I totally cannot explain what's going on with our recently-built
machines.  Is it possible that the 2.3.1 installer is doing some kind
of version checking and isn't overwriting all the files it should be
after a 10.5.5 combo update?  (Yes, the 2.3.1 installer is run after
the combo update.)

-G.
--
Glenn Eychaner (geychaner at lco.cl)
Telescope Systems Programmer, Las Campanas Observatory