[Xquartz-dev] xorg-server on Macports (works with Tiger)

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Freenet.DE
Wed Dec 10 13:55:45 PST 2008

Am 10.12.2008 um 16:00 schrieb Jeremy Huddleston:

> If you're on Tiger, you should disable the pasteboard proxying in X11-
>> Preferences->Clipboard or xpbproxy and quartz-wm will fight with
> each other.  If you're on Leopard, I recommend you install
> Xquartz-2.3.2_rc3 or later first in order to get the latest quartz-wm
> (otherwise, you'll be in the same boat as the Tiger folks with the
> outdated quartz-wm).

Is it necessary to use quartz-wm? Or are other window managers allowed?

(I won't start with MacPorts in the near future.)

--
Greetings

   Pete

"No man was ever taken to hell by a woman unless he already had a
ticket in his pocket, or at least had been fooling around with
timetables."
				– Archie Goodwin