[Xquartz-dev] Fwd: My RADAR report 6165507

Brian Bender zt4q4o402 at sneakemail.com
Mon Dec 15 12:58:22 PST 2008

[sorry, I just realized that I replied to Jeremy's personal address
and not the list yesterday]

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 1:15 AM, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:

> So, it looks like the Leopard Screen Sharing.app is working for Brian but
> not for you... this is most off.  Brian, can you confirm that the modifier
> settings are working as expected with Screen Sharing.app?

That's correct, but I don't think it directly contradicts the case
you're discussing now -- I was comparing vncviewer under X11.app and
ScreenSharing.app as clients of a Linux-hosted vncserver session. It
sounds like this latest discussion is about using vncviewer or
ScreenSharing.app to drive a different Mac host's X11.app.

In my case, vncviewer wasn't _sending_ the modifiers (but
ScreenSharing.app was). In Peter's case, it looks like the X11.app on
the viewed machine isn't _receiving_ the modifiers correctly from that
host's screen sharing service.

 - Brian