[Xquartz-dev] xorg-server on Macports (works with Tiger)

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Freenet.DE
Tue Dec 16 02:55:12 PST 2008

Hello Jeremy!

I updated X11R7.4. In app/xinit/privileged_startx/client.c still
bootstrap_strerror() is used, no case for Tiger prepared.

I configured xorg-server 1.4.2-apple27 without launchd support. After
installation without any support via sudo it launched out of the
X11R6 based Terminal environment with updated ~/.MacOSX/
environment.plist and ~/.xinitrc files. Stopping it did not seem to
work, the icon in dock told it had no connection.

Console reported:

	font_cache: Done
	X11.app: main(): argc=2
		argv[0] = /Applications/Utilities/X11.app/Contents/MacOS/X11
		argv[1] = -psn_0_79953921
	Waiting for startup parameters via Mach IPC.
	X11.app: Launching /usr/X11/bin/xterm:
		argv[0] = /usr/X11/bin/xterm
	X11.app: Couldn't exec.: No such file or directory
	[DRI] screen 0 installation complete
	Screen 0 added: 1440x900 @ (0,0)
	X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).
	xinit:  connection to X server lost.

	waiting for X server to shut down Could not init font path element /
usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/CID/, removing from list!
	Quitting XDarwin...

After applying the recent security patch I'll reboot and see further.

--
Greetings

   Pete

The future will be much better tomorrow.
				– George W. Bush