[Xquartz-dev] xorg-server on Macports (works with Tiger)

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Freenet.DE
Wed Dec 17 04:53:41 PST 2008

Am 17.12.2008 um 06:36 schrieb Jeremy Huddleston:

>> After the reboot Dock crashes when any user logs in.
>
> This has nothing to do with X11...

Of course, it's just a hint that the security update introduced many
bugs. It's not the first time for Apple that they needed to update an
update.

> <snip />
>
> Please either try with no fink or your environment or install macports
> and do:
>
> sudo port -v install xorg-server
>
> This works for me from vanilla Tiger.

Now that Perl stopped working, and Fink relies on Perl, I feel
motivated to do so. OTOH, now that my Mac OS X is defective I could
also try to remove the faulty Apple update and regain a healthy Mac
at once ...

--
Greetings

   Pete