[Xquartz-dev] 2.3.2_rc3

Gene Selkov selkovjr at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 14:26:09 PST 2008

You don't mean "dtrace", perchance? I couldn't find "trace" anywhere,
but dtrace seems to be good for the job.

I am still running rc3, and haven't had that problem with high idle
anymore since I reported it last week. Nor did I have any other
problems, but I don't do anything fancy -- all I do is xterms, emacs
and occasionally I run gimp, and then I don't do anything
extraordinary in gimp. What would you consider to be "serious
pounding"?

I suspect (but cannot instantly prove) that it went into that
expensive loop, which I saw it do a couple times, because I put it to
sleep while working with the Wacom tablet. It could be because I
disconnected the tablet while it slept, or surprised it in some other
way. I feel that It didn't go into that loop without me nudging it.

Someone borrowed the tablet; I won't get it back until next week.

If anyone has a similar tablet (if it matters, mine is Bamboo One),
could you please verify that your X survives "accidental" disconnects
of the tablet wire -- in the middle of a live session, or during
sleep?

When are you planning to get it out the door?

--Gene