[Xquartz-dev] xorg-server on Macports (works with Tiger)

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Freenet.DE
Sat Dec 20 04:53:38 PST 2008

Am 20.12.2008 um 12:47 schrieb Peter Dyballa:

>> /Applications/MacPorts/X11.app
>

> This application steals, when my ~/.xinitrc file is executed, the
> focus from the X client I gave it and passes it to next, then to
> the over-next, then to ... X client it launches. So a word that I
> input is divided over a handful of X clients.
>
> This is not the behaviour I want and this is not the behaviour I
> have set.

Sorry! This is completely *my* fault! *I* had an option set in
blackbox that automatically passed focus to the X client launched
next. This setting is now unset and xorg-server does not steal focus.

Therefore I've seen these white rectangles! There were on the screen,
even whiting-out Quartz windows (from Preview), but a later opened
Preview window moved over this terra incognita could hide them. They
went away when I quit X11. Their were menus from Blackbox WM's
"dock." And they only appeared when I worked in full-screen mode.

When switching back from full-screen to normal, Blackbox WM's "dock"
disappeared. It did not reappear when I minimalised an Xterm.

--
Greetings

   Pete

  "A designer knows he has arrived at perfection not when there is no
longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take
away."
				– Antoine de Saint-Exupéry