[Xquartz-dev] 2.3.3_rc4 - cpu goes up to 100% - sampling process

Gene Selkov selkovjr at gmail.com
Thu Dec 25 06:36:50 PST 2008

Christof,

Does this condition arise randomly, or do you know what to do to
provoke it? I am still unable to reproduce it, but I swear I saw the
same thing 3-4 times after I installed rc3. It was before I knew how
to sample it, so I cannot claim it was the same, but I saw the 100%
cpu  load by the idle process -- by idle I mean undisturbed by user
events. It is interesting that it did go down substantially while I
used it, and returned to 100% as soon as I left it alone.

Also, I suspect that it is caused by something outside X11, because
whenever this condition arose, restarting the server did not help; it
went away only after system restart.

--Gene