[Xquartz-dev] xorg-server on Macports (works with Tiger)

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Freenet.DE
Fri Dec 26 02:58:25 PST 2008

Am 10.12.2008 um 16:00 schrieb Jeremy Huddleston:

> port install xorg-server # if you don't get version 1.4.2_apple27_2,
> resync in a bit and try again

This version has one more kind of bug: when I leave X11 in full-
screen, work in some already running Quartz application, and quit it
when work is done, X11 takes over and I am pushed away from Quartz.

The prompt bug in GNU Emacs 23.0.60 is getting more interesting: I
had running also one as root (to update in Fink after I had removed
Apple's defective security update 8 from 2008) and here the cursor
finds the end of the prompt. Settings are a bit different.

Right now I am upgrading to to xorg-server1.4.2_apple29_x and updates
to xinit and xextproto.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Perl—the only language that looks the same before and after RSA
encryption.           (Keith Bostic)