[Xquartz-dev] xorg-server on Macports (works with Tiger)

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Freenet.DE
Mon Dec 29 03:11:20 PST 2008

Am 29.12.2008 um 11:42 schrieb Jeremy Huddleston:

>> The ``??? stands for an apple. Is there no improvement for neither
>> the list software nor Mail to handle UTF-8 or similiar encodings?
>
> I'm using Mail.app on Leopard, and I saw the ? in your previous
> mail.  Additionally, it was retained when I hit reply to that mail.
> Is it maybe some mail filtering on your mail server?

Unlikely! I can send these characters to other lists (TeX, Emacs
related). And I can also send them to other accounts via the same
eMail services provider without loss of information.

>> The white rectangles did not reappear, and either the apple menu
>> bar. When the X11 clients are visible, achieved by clicking at the
>> X11 icon in dock, the apple menu bar is invisible. When I pick a
>> Quartz application the X clients become invisible and the apple menu
>> bar appears.
>
> Right, that's how it's supposed to be for fullscreen

What I described is when I toggled full-screen mode off in the menu.

BTW, the apple menu bar returned ... Meanwhile X11 and Quartz clients
can coexist on the same desktop as with original Apple X11. Although
the blackbox WM's dock is still missing ...

>> In this state only Desktop Manager "feels" the mouse cursor and
>> appears.
>
> I don't know what you mean by this...

Information about the position of the cursor is leaking off the full-
screen X11. This information does not trigger Dock to appear but
Desktop Manager receives it and appears.

>> When I switch off full-screen mode in the preference pane, blackbox
>> WM's "dock" never appears,
>
> That's probably because it is being rendered offscreen because the new
> X11screen is a few pixels shorter now (because of the lack of the menu
> bar).

Blackbox WM's dock is at the bottom on its left side. It was visible
before I toggled full-screen. It is visible when I don't have full-
screen set in X11 preferences.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Schön zu können, wenn man muss.		– Always Ultra