[Xquartz-dev] 2.3.2_rc5 quitting and restarting

John Koren jpkoren at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 13:30:35 PST 2008

Since 2.3.2_rc4 I am facing a problem with quitting X11.app and
restarting it again.
Two things happen depending on how long I wait before the restart of X11.app:

1) When I restart shortly after quitting, rxvt launched from xinitrc
starts up but the quartz-wm does not seem to complete drawing the
entire frame, just the white background. After that X11 stall
permanently.

2) If I wait longer after to restart, rxvt only flashes on the desktop
and disappears immediately, and again X11 stalls.

After the stall, if I try to kill the X11 related processes, the X11
keeps restarting on its own and the only way  I can get rid of it is
to reboot the system.

I wonder if other are facing this issue.

One more thing. I use tcsh, nevertheless before 2.3.2_rc4 I had no
problem inheriting the correct environment. Now, after 2.3.2_rc4, I
had to put "cd ~" into my .xinitrc otherwise rxvt launched by xinitrc
would start at the root level "/" and not my home directory.

-John

My system:
X11: 2.3.2_rc5
Mac OS 10.5.6
Powerbook G4 Aluminum
I normally start my X11.app by clicking its icon in the Dock.