[Xquartz-dev] glx and multi-sampling

Luc Bourhis luc_j_bourhis at mac.com
Tue Feb 5 16:12:01 PST 2008

Hi,

running glxinfo with the latest version (2.1.2), it turns out that glx
is at version 1.2, that GLX_ARB_multisample is available on the both
of the server and the client side but that multi-sampling is actuall
off:

Visual ID: 27  depth=24  class=TrueColor
     bufferSize=32 level=0 renderType=rgba doubleBuffer=0 stereo=0
     rgba: redSize=8 greenSize=8 blueSize=8 alphaSize=8
     auxBuffers=0 depthSize=16 stencilSize=8
     accum: redSize=16 greenSize=16 blueSize=16 alphaSize=16
     multiSample=0  multiSampleBuffers=0

     visualCaveat=None

I've got a Mac Pro with a GeForce 7300 GT and multisampling is
available if I program with the native Apple API's.

Thanks for any information,

Luc Bourhis