[Xquartz-dev] 2.1.2 release candidate

robert delius royar x11 at frinabulax.org
Wed Jan 9 15:40:50 PST 2008

Wed, 9 Jan 2008 (14:44 -0800 UTC) Jeremy Huddleston wrote:

>> SO... this is my current thought of a way to take care of it:
>>
>> /bin/sh -c '/usr/bin/login -fp $USER /usr/X11/bin/startx'
>>
>> <key>ProgramArguments</key>
>>  <array>
>>   <string>/bin/sh</string>
>>   <string>-c</string>
>>   <string>/usr/bin/login -fp $USER /usr/X11/bin/startx</string>
>>  </array>
>>
>> I'm going to give that a try, and if it works for me, I'll put up a new rc
>> for you guys to try...
>
> Ok, it seems this isn't working for me here...  I'll debug it later, but if
> you're interested in this working to inherit tcsh login environments, please
> try to figure out a way to do it as I'm -><- this close to giving up on it
> and saying "setup your PATH in /etc/profile" as a workaround =/.  Note that
> you will still have the proper tcsh environment exported to applications
> started from X, just not X itself.

Wouldn't this set the same path for every user?

Does
  % defaults write ~/.MacOSX/environment PATH "$PATH"
still work--work in that it applies only to the user and affects the
PATH seen by applications that launch from the desktop?

--
Dr. Robert Delius Royar                   Associate Professor of English
Morehead State University                             Morehead, Kentucky