[Xquartz-dev] 2.1.2 released

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at freedesktop.org
Mon Jan 14 10:00:29 PST 2008

> Hmm.  I recall an Apple doc that showed the launchd process tree is
> different in 10.5 vs 10.4.
> In 10.4 there is one lauchd,  in 10.5 there is a launchd per user
> login (on console).
>

> So surely at worst one would have to log out and back in again,
> causing the per user
> launchd to be recreated?

well, I tried just forcing a logout, but something doesn't refresh
right.  Try disabling, then enabling org.x.X11, logging out, then
logging back in.  It doesn't work.  Forcing the restart does.

/shrug

> At best one would hope there is a way to make launchd reload its
> config files (kill -HUP ?).

It's also an issue that reloading the config files might cause it to
create a new socket rather than use the old one in which case $DISPLAY
is invalid.

If you can find a minimal way to do this, then great.  Please let me
know what it is.  I tried for a while to find something less
intrusive, failed, then gave up and forced reboot.