[Xquartz-dev] Where's libGL

Pelle Johansson morth at morth.org
Sat Jan 26 11:00:53 PST 2008

(right email address this time)

26 jan 2008 kl. 19.27 skrev Jeremy Huddleston:

> GL is a bit of a sore spot in the server.  What bugs are you talking
> about specifically, and can you send us your fixes?

Hi,

thanks for letting me know. What I found was some invalid handling of
locks, fix attached. I guess I should report it to Apple as well,
haven't gotten around to it yet. This issue seems to have been long
fixed in the mesa master branch though.

With this patch and the one at
http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/xquartz/ticket/51
I'm able to run quite a few wine apps without configuring with --
disable-opengl.

With a few patches to Wine, I've actually been able to run Heroes of
Might and Magic III in an X window. None of those patches are worth
showing though, they're very hackish.
--
Pelle Johansson