[Xquartz-dev] Where's libGL

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at berkeley.edu
Sat Jan 26 11:26:44 PST 2008

On Jan 26, 2008, at 11:00, Pelle Johansson wrote:

>> GL is a bit of a sore spot in the server.  What bugs are you
>> talking about specifically, and can you send us your fixes?
>
> Hi,
>
> thanks for letting me know. What I found was some invalid handling
> of locks, fix attached. I guess I should report it to Apple as well,
> haven't gotten around to it yet. This issue seems to have been long
> fixed in the mesa master branch though.

Yeah, as was mentioned, we want to be using mainline Mesa.  The
version of libGL we have right now is fairly ancient, and I don't
think it's worth the time to fix it.  Time would be better spent
fixing latest mesa to work with us.  Unfortunately, I've been swamped
and haven't dedicated any time to the GL issue since there are more
pressing issues in the server.  We're of course very grateful for
additional hands to help out =)

> With this patch and the one at
> http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/xquartz/ticket/51

I'll push this in later