[Xquartz-dev] 1.4.0-apple14

Merle Reinhart merlereinhart at mac.com
Wed Jun 4 18:20:01 PDT 2008

Two more lines to add to the end of your 'install script' (or it won't
start up):

sudo chmod a+x /usr/X11/bin/Xquartz
sudo chmod a+x /Applications/Utilities/X11.app/Contents/MacOS/X11

I see the 'slowness' you are talking about.  The initial window
appears nearly instantly, but under the menu bar.  Then several
seconds later (around 10-15s and the whole time the cursor is the
'X'), it moves down out from under the menu bar.

I'll have time to play with it a bit tonight and tomorrow.  Then I'm
off to WWDC this weekend.

Merle