[Xquartz-dev] Weird situation with 2.3.0-rc3

Vincent Morénas morenas at in2p3.fr
Wed Jun 11 03:31:57 PDT 2008

The crash log I attached is the crash log that was written shortly
after I resized an X11 window (displayed through a ssh connection) and
the server went down. But maybe that was just a coincidence... I don't
know. Anyway I think my pulling the resize corner of the window
triggered the crash.

The other piece of the situation is the X11 launch problem I
mentioned. Before the crash, it was working all right but after it,
the Xserver doesn't seem to be active as soon as it used to be (see my
original mail). That is a little annoying now for everyday use,
especially when I ssh on distant machines.  Moreover, this also
happens now on a clean (I hope) install of 2.3.0-rc3 whereas 2.2.1
works ok.
So something must have changed somewhere.... What files could have
been modified, apart from the ones in the X112.3.0-rc3 pkg?

V.