[Xquartz-dev] 2.3.0-rc4

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Wed Jun 11 22:27:05 PDT 2008

I'd like to announce a new release candidate for 2.3.0.  rc4 furthers
the transition to the new startup model by using Mach IPC from the
stub to tell the server how to start.  The .app no longer starts in
the background.  Note.  I've had a hunch for a long time that this was
the cause of the "focus loss" issue where Growl, iCal, etc "steal"
focus from X11 momentarily.  If you suffer from that bug, please
report on whether or not you still see those problems in rc4.

Additionally, this includes fixes for some security issues announced
earlier today.  I am rushing this release a bit in order to get the
security fixes in place.  I would've liked to have had more time to
stress test the new startup model, but I am confident that it is
usable since there are no major issues that I've seen.  Please report
back any issues you have.

I intend to put together a 2.2.2 release that includes just changes to
the 1.3 server branch (the security fixes and monitor hotplug)
tomorrow or Friday.  It was just far easier to throw together a 2.3.0
release than the 2.2.2 release... but know that it is a priority as
well.

http://xquartz.macosforge.org/downloads/X11-2.3.0_rc4.pkg