[Xquartz-dev] Xorg ports in MacPorts

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at berkeley.edu
Sun Mar 2 22:24:57 PST 2008

I'd prefer to use the system provided libraries if they're available
and of sufficient version.  If the library isn't found, you can
certainly pull it in yourself, but the library *should* be available
(why would it not be).

One of my biggest hang-ups dealing with MacPorts has been needing to
sanitize my C_INCLUDE_PATH, etc to remove macports because the protos
installed in /opt/local were too old to build the server.  Plus, I've
had some trouble tracking down problems because of which version of
fontconfig was being used by an executable, etc.  It just makes life a
lot simpler for both of us if we don't doubly install things.

--Jeremy