[Xquartz-dev] apple-dri for TOT mesa

Pelle Johansson morth at morth.org
Fri Mar 7 10:41:32 PST 2008

Hi,

I seem to have lost interest in making Apple-DRI work for the latest
mesa, so I figured I'd share my work so far. It's a single diff, to
avoid showing of my more embarrasing commits. :p

It should probably still be considered a work in progress. It's pretty
much bashed into place, without any finesse.

What works:

Apple-DRI works in direct mode, including window resizing.
apple_dispatch.h is generated in a new way, avoiding the manual
apple_disaptch.defs, which seemed like a PITA to maintain.

What does not work:

Indirect drawing is horribly broken. The indexes I put in
apple_dispatch.h are wrong, and there's other problems too.
I managed to crash the X server once by constantly resizing a GLX
window (showing glxgears), but I haven't been able to reproduce it.
There are a few #ifdef in autogenerated files, which is bad. To sum it
up, the dispatch_stub functions and the ones using the GLint64EXT type
are commented out, since it seems to be missing in OpenGL.framework.

How to apply:

Check out TOT mesa from git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/mesa/mesa
Apply diff.
The diff is vs commit 02926a297782579591fc6b2b5f29b9d7709814da

I hope someone will find it useful.
--
Pelle Johansson