[Xquartz-dev] apple-dri for TOT mesa

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at berkeley.edu
Fri Mar 7 15:51:21 PST 2008

Thanks, that's a big help.

I started heading down a similar path as you, but I gave up before
getting this far.  I know how much of a headache this must've been, so
my utmost gratitude goes out to you.

Additionally, we're considering taking most of this dispatch table out
into a separate DRI driver that both libGL and the X server will use
(for local DRI, and AIGLX respectively) and migrating over to the same
DRI data path that linux, bsd, et al are using... that should keep
most of this code out of Mesa proper and allow us to maintain what is
essentially a DRI driver using OpenGL.framework instead of hardware
(instead of translating OpenGL->kernel module, we'll be doing OpenGL -
 > OpenGL.framework).

Thanks!

--Jeremy