[Xquartz-dev] X11 2.2.0_rc1

Jamie Kennea jamie at pompey.org
Mon Mar 24 05:40:23 PDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 12:33 PM, Jeremy Huddleston <jeremyhu at berkeley.edu>
wrote:

> Actually, this is how it worked in Tiger.  I remember this
> explicitly.  If I had one X11 window in front of Safari, I could bring
> all of them forward just by hitting F10 twice.  I used that
> extensively just for that effect.  But you raise a valid point that
> perhaps it shouldn't work that way (since that is not the way other
> applications behave).

Actually what I'm describing is not the same as Tiger. I agree that F10
brings all to front, and expect that behaviour from using Tiger (be it right
or not), however what I'm talking about is using F9 to bring one window to
the front. In Tiger pressing F9, highlighting one of the two hidden X11
windows to the front, and pressing F9 again, only brings that window to the
for. In 2.2.0rc1 all X11 windows are brought forward. This is definitely a
different behaviour from Tiger which I have verified just now using my two
Macs at work (one Tiger, one Leopard with 2.2.0rc1).

Jamie