[Xquartz-dev] X11 2.2.0_rc1

Peter O'Gorman peter at pogma.com
Fri Mar 28 15:42:37 PDT 2008

Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
> On Mar 28, 2008, at 11:56, Peter O'Gorman wrote:

>> However, Fink and MacPorts can add packages for both xmkmf and imake
>
> I think it would be best for them to just run 'autoreconf' in those
> packages which were prepared with older versions of autoconf.

'cept that the patch is not yet in a released version of autoconf - Ralf
has just applied it to the autoconf git repository, so it should be in
autoconf-2.62 whenever that is released.

I guess I will have to patch fink's autoconf (currently at 2.61). Note
that running autoreconf does not always work, for example, it will fail
in any of Thomas Dickey's packages as he maintains his own version of
autoconf which has different behavior.

Thanks,
Peter
--