[Xquartz-dev] 2.2.1 Released

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Thu May 1 11:09:17 PDT 2008

I'm happy to announce a new release of X11 available for OS-X.  The
2.2.1 release brings many stability fixes to the server.  All known
crashes have been fixed in this release!

There are also a couple non-crash bug fixes in here as well:
   Cmd-tab now works as expected.
   Closing an X11 window will no longer move you to a different space.
   XBell() now works as expected.

This version also pulls in newer versions of pixman and cairo and
includes the xkb utilities.  Full release notes are available here:

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/xquartz/wiki/X112.2.1

The next release will probably be based off the 1.4 server branch and
hopefully released in the next couple weeks.  If you're interested in
trying it out, I'll be continuing to announce release candidates on
xquartz-dev.

For those of you who installed 2.2.1-rc2, the 2.2.1 final is identical
to 2.2.1-rc2.

Thanks,
Jeremy