[Xquartz-dev] Exposé bug again

Harald Hanche-Olsen hanche at math.ntnu.no
Sun May 4 00:15:26 PDT 2008

+ Jeremy Huddleston <jeremyhu at apple.com>:

> On May 3, 2008, at 14:02, Harald Hanche-Olsen wrote:
>
> > I thought the exposé bug had been fixed quite some while ago?
> > Well I am seeing it again. Is it a regression, or what?

> That's probably because you're using Ben's quartz-wm which probably
> doesn't have the fix in it... try with just 2.2.1 and let me know if
> you can trigger the issue.

It seems to be there, independently of what quartz-wm I run. I also
tried going back to the 2.2.1 Xquartz (1.3.0-apple20) and saw the same
thing. So now I am confused - was the bug ever fixed, or not? The only
mention of it I can find on trac.macosforge.org is ticket #78, which
as I said was closed with resolution: duplicate - and I cannot find
said duplicate.

> What exactly was Ben's quartz-wm?  --disable-pb-proxy, right?

It's called --no-pasteboard.

  http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/xquartz-dev/2008-April/000605.html

> Please file a bug for that at http://bugreport.apple.com, and I'll
> remember to roll something like that into the next quartz-wm
> (actually, I want to pull the proxy code out of quartz-wm and into
> the server completely, but this will atleast give me a reminder
> about it)

You're sure you want it on bugreport.apple.com and not on
macosforge.org? I mean, do we even know for sure whether it's a
quartz-wm or Xquartz issue? I'll file a bugreport wherever you ask,
but want to make doubly sure where.

Plus, it would be good to hear if others are seeing it to, or if it's
just me. In which case I should first try to figure out what about my
setup is triggering it. Anybody?

To repeat the bug, put two X windows on top of each other, window A
partially or completely obscuring window B. Use exposé to get window B
on top, and click on it, in a place which is also on top of window A.
Now window A pops back to the top and gets focus.

- Harald