[Xquartz-dev] 1.4.0-apple8: monitor hotplugging

Scott Buchanan dscottbuch at mac.com
Mon May 5 16:49:22 PDT 2008

I know the following isn't a new problem but I was wondering if was on
the list anywhere as things have been getting better with spaces.  We
have a set of xview based programs.  Using F8 and drag it is now
possible to move an xview window from space x to space y.  The problem
is that once you activate a menu (in a pinnable window) selection  on
a given instance of an application in a given Space then all menu
items for that instance are now stuck in that Space even if you move
the main program window to another Space.  If you then move the
unpinned menu window with F8 the cursor offsets of the windows are off
so that, if the menu is the active window, you move your cursor
somewhere else (I haven't figured the pattern) on the current Space to
activate its choices.  At this point all new menus now appear in this
new Space to which you moved the unpinned window.

thanks,

Scott Buchanan
Scott Buchanan            WEB: http://www.4dneuroimaging.com
President & CEO            e-mail: scott at 4dneuroimaging.com
4-D Neuroimaging            Tel: (858) 458-5657
9727 Pacific Heights Blvd    .    Fax: (858) 458-5698
San Diego, CA 92091
USA

whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error please notify the system manager.