[Xquartz-dev] 1.4.0-apple6

Wes Turner wes.turner at kitware.com
Tue May 20 12:04:21 PDT 2008

Thanks.  Your answer is about what I expected and I appreciate it coming
back so quickly.  I have a customer who will be deploying our product to a
larger base where upgrading from your delivery becomes a little harder to
manage.  At least with this answer, I can give them some feel that a
Software Update solution should be coming.  Major deployment is still a few
months out, so we have some window of time.

Again, much appreciated,

- Wes

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 2:03 PM, Jeremy Huddleston <jeremyhu at freedesktop.org>
wrote:

> I can't offer any guarantee on when these updates will make it into an
> OS update, but rest assured that I want them to be and am doing my
> best to ensure that they will be available from Software Update as
> soon as possible.
>
> --Jeremy
>
> On May 20, 2008, at 10:00, Wes Turner wrote:
>
> > My apologies if this is the wrong place to post this message, but it
> > seems
> > like a good place to start.  I had the XQuartz hanging problem
> > (_xp_async_dequeue
> > lockup) mentioned in the post and can confirm that 2.2.1 appears to
> > fix the
> > problem.  Is there any indication of when this will be picked up in
> > the
> > Apple Leopard update cycle?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > - Wes