[Xquartz-dev] failed to bind to surface errors

Mike Krogh mfkrogh at ensight.com
Fri Nov 7 13:32:47 PST 2008

Hi,

We have an X11 application that is generating "failed to bind to
surface" errors on some OpenGL windows.  We are running locally on the
console (not remote GLX), and the error occurs in transient dialogs
that pop up.  The first time a window comes up things are fine.  The
error occurs after the containing window is dismissed (XtPopdown) and
then popped back up (XtPopup).  The error seems to occur when we call
glXMakeCurrent() on the OpenGL window in this dialog.  All other
widgets in the dialog are fine - only the OpenGL widget appears to be
affected.  The OpenGL window does continue to receive mouse input - we
just can't draw to it.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

-Mike