[Xquartz-dev] 2.3.2_beta3

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Tue Nov 11 10:51:44 PST 2008

#1) Yes, the spin from beta2 is fixed.

http://static.macosforge.org/xquartz/downloads/X11-2.3.2_beta3.pkg

The main changes from beta 2 are:
Many GLX updates... support for multisampling is now present, better
listing of supported visuals
pbproxy updates... PICT support, workaround nedit/eterm bugs
The menu bar is no longer mapped to the X11 screen (so other WMs won't
"hide under" the menu bar)
Fixed some threading related issues in mieq (possible crash with a
full event queue fixed)
quartz-wm now supports window gravity
libXplugin is now more thread safe (the "spin" bug from beta2)
X11.app should now exit if you are using a WM other than quartz-wm and
you exit the WM
Added an option to show the menu bar when your mouse approaches it in
fullscreen mode.

Please let me know if there are any major show-stopping issues.  I
expect that this will be fairly close to what becomes rc1 (the main
difference being that I intend to make xpbproxy be a server thread for
the release-candidate rather than a separate process).