[Xquartz-dev] 2.3.2_beta2

Peter Collinson pc at hillside.co.uk
Tue Nov 11 11:13:40 PST 2008

This is somewhat speculative because I don't have any real evidence.

I live in a world of xterms - where they are invoked like

xterm -name ${sys} -vb -sb -sl 5000 -e ssh -Y ${port} ${remote}&

I've noticed recently (and perhaps before) that if a connection to one
remote machine hangs - often because the network down the line is
snipped in some way and is reconfiguring.. then all the X processes
hang. I don't think the X11 server is hanging - because I don't get
the Not responding message in the Force Quit dialog.

It's probably hard to simulate this - I suspect that the TCP
connection is perhaps maintained by the Linux code in my local
broadband router.

Just wondered if my diagnosis makes sense and is likely. If so, I'll
try and get some dumps next time it happens.

Thanks for beta3!!!