[Xquartz-dev] 2.3.2_beta2

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Tue Nov 11 11:25:53 PST 2008

On Nov 11, 2008, at 11:13, Peter Collinson wrote:

> This is somewhat speculative because I don't have any real evidence.
>
> I live in a world of xterms - where they are invoked like
>
> xterm -name ${sys} -vb -sb -sl 5000 -e ssh -Y ${port} ${remote}&
>
> I've noticed recently (and perhaps before) that if a connection to
> one remote machine hangs - often because the network down the line
> is snipped in some way and is reconfiguring.. then all the X
> processes hang. I don't think the X11 server is hanging - because I
> don't get
> the Not responding message in the Force Quit dialog.

That is not really possible... they're likely independent events... or
even more likely, maybe you're assuming that your connection to the
remote machine is hanging when in reality it's X11.app hanging... If
you saw this in beta2, it's probably the spin bug that is fixed in
beta3 ...

In the future, when something like that does happen, you should report
the bug and include the crash report / stack trace.