[Xquartz-dev] computer going to sleep error

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Freenet.DE
Tue Nov 11 12:52:14 PST 2008

Am 11.11.2008 um 20:22 schrieb Gideon Simpson:

> Xlib: connection to "localhost:15.0" refused by server
> Xlib: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key
> emacs: Cannot connect to X server localhost:15.0.
> Check the DISPLAY environment variable or use `-d'.
> Also use the `xhost' program to verify that it is set to permit
> connections from your machine.

This also happens on Tiger, 10.4.11. This feature was introduced some
time ago with some update I don't remember exactly. Since Apple
support folks tell me since a long time to migrate to Leopard to get
my reported bugs fixed I never made a bug report. I think putting my
Mac to sleep is not sufficient to trigger this feature, the re-use of
X11 has to happen at least next day, i.e., date of launch time and
date of use time have to be different by at least one day. I don't
remember what problems I had then and what I tried to solve it. My
work-around since then is to copy my ~/.Xauthority file into root's
home directory. Next day I can invoke xhost as root and I have access
again – until I need to launch X again.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Hard Disk, n.:
	A device that allows users to delete vast quantities
	of data with simple mnemonic commands.