[Xquartz-dev] 2.3.2_beta3

Mike Krogh mfkrogh at ensight.com
Tue Nov 11 14:21:36 PST 2008

Hi,

I just installed 2.3.2_beta3 on my Leopard 10.5.5 MacBook and am
having several problems with our X11 based application now.

First, I tried to install X11-2.3.1.pkg after trying 2.3.2-beta3 but
it crashes every time I try to start the X11 server.  I've rebooted,
reinstall a couple of times but no luck.  X11 now just crashes
immediately.  How does one downgrade X11?

Second, at least with 2.3.2_beta3 our application's dialogs now
frequently, but not always, pop to the upper left corner of the
desktop (dual monitors) after twiddling some of the dialog's widgets.

Third, the application opens multiple connections to the X server
since it uses both Motif and QT4.  With 2.3.2_beta3, some dialogs
created via PyQT are now causing the X11 server to crash; the main app
is Motif based.

Unfortunately, I have not been keeping up with all the 2.3.x updates
so I don't know how far back this problem goes.  Prior to this I was
running 2.2.2 without these problems.  I'll be happy to try the
various 2.2.x and 2.3.x release to see when the problem was introduced
if someone can tell me how to properly downgrade.

Thanks!

Mike