[Xquartz-dev] Menubar inaccessible if X11 window is behind it (2.3.2_beta3)

Brian Bender zt4q4o402 at sneakemail.com
Wed Nov 12 07:49:30 PST 2008

Hi Jeremy,

Another oddity (not a showstopper, IMHO) that I haven't seen mentioned
yet (but maybe related to the "geometry regression" conversation?): if
an X11 window is higher (Y-axis) than the menu bar and has focus, you
can't select the menu bar.

I have that dual-screen setup where the top edges of the screens are
uneven; my secondary display is above the level of the top of the
menubar on my primary screen. If I have a window spanning both
desktops and higher than the top of the main screen, as I move my
pointer up to the menu bar it stays captured by the X11 window behind
it, and goes behind the menubar. I'm unable to select the menu bar
until I switch the focus away from X11.app (or move the window,
obviously).

It's not a big issue itself, but I thought it might help in tracking
down other "weird things".

 - Brian