[Xquartz-dev] computer going to sleep error

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Freenet.DE
Sat Nov 15 14:49:03 PST 2008

Am 11.11.2008 um 20:22 schrieb Gideon Simpson:

> Has anyone else found that when they put the computer to sleep and
> come back to it, Xquartz doesn't quite work and may need to be
> restarted?

I found the reason this behaviour (now that I could compile XDarwin
2.3.2_beta3): it's a preference that was introduced into Tiger at the
end of 2006 with an X11 update: when the local IP address changes the
old X authority is rejected.

What I don't understand is why the unchanged 127.0.0.1 or ::1 address
falls into the same category ...

--
Greetings

   Pete

November, n.:
         The eleventh twelfth of a weariness.
                 – Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"