[Xquartz-dev] geometry regression in 2.3.2-beta3

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Tue Nov 18 09:54:03 PST 2008

Ok... I want to squash this, but my attempts to reproduce have failed,
so I'm puzzled.

Are you seeing this with any native OSX applications that are linked
against system libraries (ie no macports or fink dependencies)... if
so, can you please send me that binary to test.

I put together a quartz-wm version with some debug spew for you as
well to try here (it is i386 and ppc):

http://people.freedesktop.org/~jeremyhu/quartz-wm-debug-20081118.bz2

Just setup your ~/.xinitrc as follows:

. /usr/X11/lib/X11/xinit/xinitrc >& ${HOME}/xinitrc-debug.txt

Note that you don't need the 'export DEBUG=1' since the debug stuff
that I need I made unconditional (and if you do put DEBUG=1, it'll
clutter up the output and make it harder for me).

Please restart X11.app, then run your buggy application.

Thanks,
Jeremy