[Xquartz-dev] geometry regression in 2.3.2-beta3

Tom Lane tgl at sss.pgh.pa.us
Tue Nov 18 11:04:16 PST 2008

Jeremy Huddleston <jeremyhu at apple.com> writes:
> Ok... I want to squash this, but my attempts to reproduce have failed,
> so I'm puzzled.

Hmm, I don't understand why you can't reproduce this.  Based on what we
know, pretty much every X-aware version of emacs ought to show the
behavior if you put the appropriate thing in its startup file.
Unfortunately Apple doesn't ship an X-aware version of emacs ...

> Are you seeing this with any native OSX applications that are linked
> against system libraries (ie no macports or fink dependencies)...

I don't have any native OSX apps that know anything about X.  I'll
try your debug quartz-wm though and send you the results off-list.

BTW, I do see the problem with one tcl/tk app.  If you have tcl/tk
installed I could try to make a reproducer script for that.

			regards, tom lane