[Xquartz-dev] geometry regression in 2.3.2-beta3

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Tue Nov 18 12:56:06 PST 2008

On Nov 18, 2008, at 11:04, Tom Lane wrote:

> Jeremy Huddleston <jeremyhu at apple.com> writes:
>> Ok... I want to squash this, but my attempts to reproduce have
>> failed,
>> so I'm puzzled.
>
> Hmm, I don't understand why you can't reproduce this.  Based on what
> we
> know, pretty much every X-aware version of emacs ought to show the
> behavior if you put the appropriate thing in its startup file.
> Unfortunately Apple doesn't ship an X-aware version of emacs ...

I wasn't using emacs.  I was using xemacs and xterm with --enable-
toolbar.  Both work as expected.  Further, I have tried emacs on
Gentoo and Fedora 10.

Obviously there is something different about your configuration than
mine which is causing this to occur, and the only way we'll be able to
figure this out is by you testing quartz-wm binaries with debugging
information that I can use to trace the probelm...

>> Are you seeing this with any native OSX applications that are linked
>> against system libraries (ie no macports or fink dependencies)...
>
> I don't have any native OSX apps that know anything about X.

You should have /usr/X11/bin/xterm /usr/X11/bin/xedit /usr/X11/bin/
xman ...

> I'll
> try your debug quartz-wm though and send you the results off-list.
>
> BTW, I do see the problem with one tcl/tk app.  If you have tcl/tk
> installed I could try to make a reproducer script for that.

Yes, I have an X11 version of tcl/tk from macports.