[Xquartz-dev] geometry regression in 2.3.2-beta3

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Tue Nov 18 13:56:29 PST 2008

On Nov 18, 2008, at 12:38, robert delius royar wrote:

> Jeremy,
>
> I have attached an xterm which exhibits the geometry bug compiled
> from xterm-237 sources with the following configuration and make
> ./configure -prefix=/usr/X11 --disable-static \
> --disable-dependency-tracking --disable-nls --mandir=/usr/X11/share/
> man \
> --enable-wide-chars --enable-luit --enable-256-color --enable-
> logging \
> --enable-load-vt-fonts --enable-toolbar CC=/usr/bin/gcc-4.0 && make -
> j3

This xterm works for me still... when I do xterm -geometry 80x24-0+0
it is on the top right.

Do you have any custom ~/.Xresources or command line options?

> The libraries are the same as those in the packaged version (except
> for list order), and that version which you compiled without --
> enable-toolbar opens where it is told on my system.  The version I
> included in the attached archive opens in the upper left corner with
> an offset of 22 pixels from the top, but no movement to the right.
> I still see the window flash open where it was told and move.

Can you please try this one which now has more debug output...
http://people.freedesktop.org/~jeremyhu/quartz-wm-debug-20081118.2.bz2

Also, please try to not create extra windows during this X11 session.
I would be easier to debug the problem if the output in xinitrc-
debug.txt is just from this one window being created...

Thanks,
Jeremy