[Xquartz-dev] placement bug question

Tom Lane tgl at sss.pgh.pa.us
Tue Nov 18 14:12:09 PST 2008

Jeremy Huddleston <jeremyhu at apple.com> writes:
> those of you with the window placement (-geometry) bug, what is the
> output of:

> defaults read org.x.X11 wm_limit_size

pro:~ tgl$ defaults read org.x.X11 wm_limit_size
2008-11-18 17:07:55.421 defaults[2258:10b]
The domain/default pair of (org.x.X11, wm_limit_size) does not exist
pro:~ tgl$

BTW, something odd I just noticed: with the rc1 quartz-wm,
repeatedly hitting command-N to start multiple xterms brings them
all up at the upper left corner, instead of offsetting each new one
a bit right and down.  However, I only see this with two screens
(with the main screen, ie the menu bar, on the bottom) --- with a
single monitor it works as expected.  I don't recall having tried
this particular thing before, so I can't say if it's a regression.

			regards, tom lane