[Xquartz-dev] new xpbproxy

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Thu Oct 16 10:00:14 PDT 2008

On Oct 16, 2008, at 02:52, Peter Collinson wrote:

> I cannot repeat this... it seems to work fine for me on my G4 or Intel
> boxes.
>
> Either selecting a region or selecting and using with Cmd-C in xterm
> allows me to Cmd-V it into textedit.
> The Cmd-C is not needed.

Actually, this is a bug.  We should immediately copy what is in
PRIMARY when we do x_copy.  It doesn't make sense according to HIG to
select some text, do edit->copy, select other text, then paste the
second text.  That functionality is actually what the last option in
the preferences is for, so if you really want that, enable 'Update
pasteboard immediately when new text is selected'.