[Xquartz-dev] new xpbproxy

John Koren jpkoren at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 17:35:51 PDT 2008

More precisely to trigger the problem:

1) Startup X11.app (which launches rxvt)
2) Select text in rxvt
3) Goto Terminal.app
4) Hit cmd-v

One actually does not need to go step 4). Just clicking on the
Terminal.app window at step 3) triggers the problem in the sense that
xpbproxy cpu goes up and the X11 windows do not drag properly.  Step
4) does not result in pasted text as it should.

To avoid the problem:

1) Startup X11.app
2) Hit cmd-c anywhere in rxvt
3) Select text in rxvt
4) Goto Terminal.app
5) Hit cmd-v

Step 2) needs to be done only once at the beginning of the X11.app
session. After that it is not need until X11.app is shut down.

In X11.app Preferences>Pasteboard I have all options selected.

-John