[Xquartz-dev] XListDepths ordering changed

Nicholas Riley njriley at uiuc.edu
Sat Oct 18 12:21:41 PDT 2008

On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 2:16 pm, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
> That should really make no difference what the ordering is...

But it does, because nxagent (at least in the version I'm using) matches
the depths one for one, as I mentioned. You may correctly note that the
docs don't indicate what ordering XListDepths should return, but it is
the case that it returns depths in a different order from earlier Mac
X11 versions.  X 1.4.2 on Linux also used the ...,15,16,32 order when I
checked.

> What is the problem that you are having?  Can you tell me how to
> reproduce it?

The problem I am having is that I can't resume my NX session with
1.4.2-apple19 when I start it on an earlier Mac X11 version, and vice
versa. I found the place in the nxagent code where it's doing this depth
matching, so I'm pretty sure this is the problem.

--
Nicholas Riley <njriley at uiuc.edu>