[Xquartz-dev] XListDepths ordering changed

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at berkeley.edu
Sun Oct 19 11:10:19 PDT 2008

On Oct 18, 2008, at 23:30, Nicholas Riley wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 12:27:03PM -0700, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
>> If it is causing you a problem, you need to report this as a bug to
>> NX.
>
> I don't have a support contract with NoMachine, and I don't think they
> accept reports from users of the free version.
>
>> That being said, I would like to get to the root of your problem,
>> since I really don't think that it's the ORDER that matters.
>
> Sorry for the huge URL.
>
> <http://google.com/codesearch?hl=en&q=show:4UugebcMhiI:LVCNOrkoplI:VYkNFBTXFEQ&sa=N&ct=rd&cs_p=http://mirror.cict.fr/gentoo/distfiles/nxagent-1.5.0-112.tar.gz&cs_f=nx-X11/programs/Xserver/hw/nxagent/Display.c#l1448
> >

> That shows the new depths being compared to the stored depths.

Ok, then this is obviously not an X11 bug.

Since you have access to the source, I suggest you just fix it there
by maybe sorting the arrays before comparing them.

> If you look later on line 1618 you can see where nxagentDepths gets
> initialized, it's pretty clearly the direct output of XListDepths.

This might be a good place to do the sorting.

> I realize this is a NX bug, but given it very recently changed in
> Apple's X11, and still works the old way everywhere else I could find,
> would it be possible to just put it back the way it was?

It would require us to back out other fixes. Plus the fix in the
client application is trivial.